Need a Westlake Village Divorce Attorney?
Representation for Divorce Litigation in Los Angeles & Ventura Counties
As you contemplate the idea of divorce and the means by which you will
complete the process, you must also consider the divorce lawyer with whom
you will work. Zonder Family Law is a small, local law office, and we
accept a limited number of litigated court cases. In doing so, we are
able to ensure that our full attention and best efforts are devoted to
If you would like to schedule a consultation with a Westlake Village divorce
attorney at our office,
do not hesitate to reach out to our legal team by calling (805) 777-7740.
Traditional Court Divorce
The California divorce process is guided by the law, and the judge makes
all the decisions. As such, it is imperative that you have a strong legal
advocate on your side who can guide you through the court system. As a
law firm that has been serving clients for more than a decade, Zonder
Family Law is prepared to be your advocate both in and out of court.
10 things you need to know about traditional court divorce:
- All communication between both parties involved in the divorce will go
through their respective lawyers.
- The divorce is adversarial, which means an "us-vs.-them" tone
will be emphasized.
- Settlement discussions take place through attorney-to-attorney negotiations.
- In court, the lawyers will communicate with the judge on behalf of their
- Parties of the divorce will only communicate with the judge during witness
testimony, or if spoken to or questioned by the judge.
- Parties can fight back against unreasonable demands made by their spouses.
- The judge will make all decisions in the case, and will often do so under
time restrictions and with limited information.
- Hearings are held in public courtrooms, and as such, the papers filed in
the divorce will be a matter of public record.
- The cost and time of traditional court divorces are unpredictable.
- An attorney can help protect your best interests and safeguard your rights
during the negotiation and litigation process.
Entrust your lawyer to be your voice. Call Zonder Family Law today!
At Zonder Family Law, open communication and mutual respect are the cornerstones
of our practice. Client-specific solutions are crafted only after we have
carefully listened to the needs of the individuals we represent. We approach
each case as a collaboration in which everyone on our team contributes.
In doing so, we are able to provide
full-service divorce representation to our clients in Westlake Village, Beverly Hills, and surrounding areas
within Los Angeles County and Ventura County.
When you choose to work with Zonder Family Law, you will be collaborating
with an attorney who has experienced the divorce process first-hand. Attorney
Lisa Zonder can personally relate to many of the same feelings that you
are now experiencing. Attorney Zonder is highly respected in the field
of family law, and she is even the host her own divorce talk radio show
on AM 1590 KVTA. Her show is called
"Divorce—Lisa Zonder Style." We encourage you to keep your heart and mind open to the possibility of
a new beginning. You
can get through this! We have the supportive team you need to help you every
step of the way.
To start the legal process today, please
contact us or fill out the
case orientation form
on our site.